INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PATHWAY PROGRAMS AT MERRIMACK
Merrimack gives you more
- Professionally relevant graduate courses
- Master's degrees can be completed in 1 year – maximizing your investment
- Opportunities to pursue internships and co-ops
- A contemporary community with traditional values
- A picturesque campus in the classic American town of North Andover
- 40 km north of Boston – the 6th largest economy in the USA
Pre-Master's Program at Merrimack
Our unique combination of English as a Second Language (ESL) and degree preparation courses provide you with the knowledge and confidence you need to accelerate your career. Our experienced staff provides close support to ensure your professional and personal success.
Pre-Master's Programs available:
| MS Mechanical
Why choose a Pre-Master's pathway program
Tailored to meet the needs of international students who wish to develop their professional career by studying a master's degree at Merrimack, the pathway is an ideal choice.
- Gain work experience while you study - opportunities for work co-ops and internships
- 3- and 4-year undergraduate degrees accepted
- No GMAT or GRE tests required for admission
- No TOEFL/IELTS score required (take the free Password English Test instead)
- Save time and money - earn 4-8 academic credits while improving your English
Admission to the Pre-Master's Program
Next start date: August 22-26, 2016 - Orientation; August 29, 2016 - classes begin
Apply by: July 13, 2016
Minimum English requirements:
- 1-semester Pre-Master's Program - TOEFL iBT 74 / 6.0 IELTS*
- 2-semester Pre-Master's Program - TOEFL iBT 64 / 5.5 IELTS
- 3-semester Pre-Master's Program - TOEFL iBT 55 / 5.0 IELTS
*If you do not have a TOEFL or IELTS score, we will give you a free Password English Test to assess your English level.
Academic entry requirements:
Undergraduate GPA 2.3 for 4-year degrees holders or GPA 2.5 for 3-year degrees or undergraduate qualifications.
For details on admissions requirements locally relevant to your country, contact a Student Enrollment Advisor.
- 1-semester Pre-Master's Program - $14,070
- 2-semester Pre-Master's Program - $24,150
- 3-semester Pre-Master's Program - $31,400
- University fee** - $850 per semester
- Campus housing and 5-meal plan - $5,820 per semester
- Insurance - $599 (4 months); $1,322 (8 months); $2,219 (12 months)
- Airport transfer from Boston Logan Airport to campus - no fee
**University fees are an estimate and are subject to change.
The Merrimack advantage
- #8 Regional College in the "Best Colleges 2015" - US News and World Report
- Named a "Best College in the Northeast" - Princeton Review
- Among "America's Top Colleges" - Forbes.com
- Top 15% of schools nationwide for a High Return on Investment - Payscale.com
- Accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges